- This event has passed.
CORE WORKSHOP, Chichester
6th November 2016
BOOK NOW TO GET A SPECIAL OFFER ON ASSESS, MOVE & IMPROVE
Andy provides such amazing content in this workshop, it's difficult to convey in words. he gives nothing less than 100% of himself throughout the entire workshop and provides so much added value. You will walk away a better coach. Julie Anne Taylor, Sept 2015
Core training is not something to end a training session with a few sit-ups, or plank holds.
It’s an essential part of any coherent and well thought out training plan that delivers results.
It’s not a mid section, six pack or a torso.
It’s the link that transmits quality movement. The hard driving foot into the ground, the press above your head, or the simple daily task of getting out of bed in the morning – pain free!
Your moving life converges through a unique web of muscles that can either hinder or enhance – this workshop will show you the way from over 20+ years of experience and a long standing history of pain.
If you are constantly in the cycle of lower back pain, or an ever-developing coach that wants a solid framework to help clients perform at their best, then bring a notebook and leave room in the phone memory.
Here is what Dan Lawrence of www.danlawrencetraining.com said about the day:
“It’s not just the course content that makes the core workshop stand out, but the delivery from Andy McKenzie.
A no BS, yet educated approach to training, delivered in a charismatic and fun manner. The take home from a day’s course is brilliant and can be applied in your day-to-day practice with clients. It really makes you look at the buzzword ‘Core’ in a completely different way. Highly recommended.”
WHAT DOES THE DAY CONSIST OF?
I must stress that numbers are kept low to ensure maximum time being coached by myself. Moving, learning and you walking away with a clear understanding of your own capabilities and the having the list of key progressions to develop your training practice.
Please read the bullet points below for the minimum that is covered throughout the day. Depending on location and audience then some topics really expand for maximum learning.
– Exercises for cleaning the spine
– Dealing with lower back pain and what exercise you can and should be doing
– Resets and Breathing Drills
– Assessing the spine with minimal or no equipment
– Creating tension and bracing for powerful movement
– Flow, Control, Stable then Movement – the essentials of a healthy spine
– Why there is such a thing as 4 minute abs
– Progressions from stability to crawling patterns
– Lumbo Pelvic Control
– L Sits and the basic requirements to combining them with headstands
– The Front Lever and how to master it with 4 crucial steps
– Programming considerations – When, how and where to add in core work
– Why grip and core training are linked
– Why yawning could lead to burpees 😉
WHO IS THIS FOR?
– Personal Trainers
– Strength Coaches
– Sports Rehabilitation Therapists
– Athletes & Experienced Trainees that want the best information firsthand
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES:
“This was by far the best thing I have attended, it had a obvious flow to the day, every move was a progression or linked to the move before hand, the protocols were explained in a non jargon way to make it simple to implement”
“Awesome content delivered in Ironmacs own distinct style. My clients are already benefiting from what I learned only a week ago.”
“BEST INVESTMENT YOU CAN MAKE AS A COACH. I have never learnt so much in such a short space of time. The energy and passion that came across during the workshop really made it an inspiring environment to learn in.”